News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Locomotive (Problem)

Started by dougkaiser, December 24, 2007, 08:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougkaiser

I recently bought (3) DCC equipted diesel locomotives for my grandsons. I tested them before Christmas, and they ran fine. I set up new Atlas Code 100 Nickel Silver Track and they ran fine for a few minutes. Then two of them starting making a grinding noise, and moving slowly. Any suggestions on solving this problem ? -or- should I return them for replacement?

Thanks in advance

Doug

the Bach-man

Dear Doug,
Try some light lubrication. If that doesn't help, contact the service department.
Merry Christmas!
the Bach-man

dougkaiser

the Bach-Man

Point of clarification. These locomotives are new and were Christmas Gifts. Upon inspection of the undercarrige I found oil residu.

Is there another area to lubricate, or any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

Doug

Mike

Dooug- The oil on the undercarriage could well be the problem. A unit left in storage too long coould have the lubrication "drain" out of it (especially in a warm area). The re-lubrication would be to replace that which you have found on the undercarriage. A SMALL amount of plastic compatible lube on each end of the motor shaft and any other bearing areas might be appropriate.- Mike S.

dougkaiser

Thanks for the information,

I lubricated the gears, the GP-35 CSX wants to move but it just inchs along. The GP-35 Conrail is still making a grinding noise and the same thing,
just inchs along (jerky motion). Any other ideas?

Doug

dougkaiser

Thanks for the help guys.

I think, I will replace these (two) GP-35's for GP-40's. I have yet to have a problem with this one.

Once again - Thanks for the help

Doug Kaiser