News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N&W J lack of pulling power -RESOLVED!

Started by jimk, December 25, 2007, 11:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimk

I bought  my son a N&W J and 6 Con Cor passenger cars for Christmas.  Alone, the engine runs fine.  But with the aux tender and only three cars,it just spins it's wheels. I've read where it could pull all six without a problem.  What could be the problem? It seems like there is a traction tire on one driver on each side.

UPDATE! My son was putting it on the track and, being he could get lower to the ground and better eyesight than me, he noticed the back set of drivers was barely touching the rails.  When we pushed down they would touch but it made a squeaking noise. I took it off the rails and noticed a piece of foam above the trailing truck.  I took it out and the wheels all touch.  Now it pulls all 6 passenger cars and the aux tender with NO PROBLEM.  It could probably pull more, I'll try tacking on some of my Pennsy passenger cars.

Thank you Bachmann for a great running engine.

Jim

taz-of-boyds

What a funny problem.  Thanks for getting back and letting us know!
Charles

railspike55

Iam new here and wow! I though the same thing ...HA!

Only on mine the trailing truck was derailing all the time.
That is till I found that foam block....  :D

Now its my vary best steamer. Mine will even out pull my 2-8-0 consol.

What a great loco. This J will pull 28 40' box cars up my 22" curved 2.5% grade.     And its not broke in yet.

Nice!

Thank you Bachmann

If you ever consider applying this tech to the existing 2-6-6-2 I feel that will pull stumps.

Ron N.