News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Test picture

Started by Ken Huck, July 07, 2020, 10:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Huck

Just opened a Flickr account and am now trying to post a picture.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189202153@N05/50088303963/in/dateposted-public/

...and I'm obviously having trouble.  I can still use Facebook has a hosting sight but the
"Time Signature Expired" notification keeps deleting my photos about a week or so.

Any advice would be helpful.

TIA

Ken

Trying again:

WHOOHoo !  Looks like it worked.

Len

Ken,

Clicking on the link you gave takes you to the picture. Once there, click on the picture and then click the '+' to blow it up. Right click on the blown up picture and select "inspect element". This opens an info window below the picture with links to the small and large versions of the pic.

Right click on whichever size you want to use and select 'copy link'. I used the large version with the link:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50088303963_aaf8ae7aa3_k.jpg

Put that between the 'img' tags and the pic should show up in your post, like this:

A little more convoluted than PhotoBucket, but it works.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Grumpy468

Glad you got it to work. Image hosting used to be more user friendly.

Hunt

Ken,
Click a photo in your Flickr account to open it.
Click the Share Photo arrow icon
Click BBCode
Select the size to display from the dropdown menu. Suggest  Medium  (500 x 375)
Copy the code, which is highlighted in blue
Paste where you want photo to appear in your ASK THE BACH MAN FORUM  post

Using the link you gave to open the photo in your Flickr account -- following is the photo
IMG_3268 by Kenneth Huck, on Flickr

jonathan

Ken,

I follow the steps as Hunt describes. It took a bit of trial and error before I got the system down in my mind.

You're right... the photo sharing sites used to be more user friendly.

Regards,

Jonathan

WoundedBear

This is why I use Fotki. Simple as can be.

Sid

Ken Huck

Looks like I can still follow instructions.  I uploaded another picture up in my original
'Test picture' post.  Now maybe they won't 'disappear' in the future.

Thanks for all the help.

Ken

graywolf

Hi Sid I looked at Fotki and was wondering if it allows you to do all that is necessary to put photos and video on this site? Also what membership do you use and find sufficient? Thanks, Paul

WoundedBear

I have the lowest package they offer, the Premium S.

Costs me about $25CDN a year. I get 300GB storage and have never come anywhere near that limit.

I know I can load and link videos, but I have never tried it. I use my YouTube account for videos.

As for photo linking.....it supplies all needed codes and links and there are no rules about linking. No watermarks, no size limits.

I have been really happy with them.

Sid

graywolf

Thanks Sid I will give it a try.

graywolf

Hi Sid, I joined Fotki but am not finding it easy. I have been trying to post a photo which I reduced the size to 98 kb but when I try to attach I get a notice that the upload folder is full. I could not find a way to reduce the original size of the photo on Fotki so did it somewhere else. Also the only way I could find to get the old photo on Fotki was to email it to my account. Also can you download new photos from my camera to Fotki? I hope you can show me the way. Thanks Paul

Len

You don't use the 'Attach:' function to post pics, you put the url of the picture location between [ i m g ] {/i m g ] tags in the post. You can add the tags without typing them out by clicking the icon below the I in the "Add BBC tags:" above.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

graywolf

Will try to post photo

[DSCN2282]http://old photo from last year have since expanded[/img]

graywolf

Well that didn't work!

WoundedBear

No, that didn't work.

Once you upload your photos to an album, go to that album and view the photos. At the bottom of each photo is a selection box. Tick the selected photos then click "show links" at the left.

Use those links to paste between this board's IMG tags.

Sid