A good and nice sized pacifc for Bachmann to make

Started by Eric_L, December 26, 2007, 10:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric_L

I would like to suggest a different pacific to be produced by Bachmann. What is really needed is a smaller pacific that would be a good fit for most layouts. Something smaller than the already produced USRA light pacific. Also, an engine that has not even been made, even in brass. My suggestiong is the Florida East Coast 4-6-2. Here are the reasons why:
1. This is a nice size pacific for layouts. it would look good pulling a 2 to 4 car passenger train.
2. it has never been made, not even in brass. I would venture to guess that most the the major railroads 4-6-2's have been made in brass.
3. It has a generic look to it, so it could fill in for a lot of railroad's pacifics.
4. There are five of them preserved, so measurements and such would not be hard to get.
5. Many of them were sold by the FEC and worked for other railroads.
6. Savannah and Atlanta 750, an ex-FEC 4-6-2, was a key engine in Southern's early steam excursion program. She is now preserved in Duluth, Georgia.
here is a link top a picture:
http://www.srmduluth.org/photos/750.jpg

Thanks,
Eric

SteamGene

A very nice looking locomotive.
Merry Second Day of Christmas.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

RAM

The Frisco had a nice small 4-6-2 in the 1000 class that was a jack of all trade.  A lot of them were removed from the passenger pool and recieved white lettering instead of gold and also got a doghouse on the tender.