Do I need an RMA? Need service for 4-8-2 J class Heavy and 2-6-6-2 H-5

Started by digitalgriffin, December 27, 2007, 04:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalgriffin

Before I return these to Bachmann for service, I was wondering if I needed an RMA number from them.

SteamGene

RMA?  BTW, it's a J2, the J1, the original Mountain, was not a USRA Mountain.
Merry Third Day of Christmas. 
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

digitalgriffin

Quote from: SteamGene on December 27, 2007, 04:48:50 PM
RMA?  BTW, it's a J2, the J1, the original Mountain, was not a USRA Mountain.

Yep.  I know it's a J-2.  I didn't know that ommiting the version # automatically made it a J-1.  I guess I learned something new today.   :D

RMA = Return Murchandise Authrization.  It's a number they give you that's usually attached to some file at the company that says "we are prepared to accept this for XYZ."  You usually mark it outside the box.

SteamGene

The important part is that Bachmann will honor the warranty.  If you have a sales slip showing you have owned the locomotives for less than a year, your cost is postage.  So if you have problems you can't solve, send them back to Bachmann.
Especially with the C&O, letter and number are very important.  The J class covered three wheel arrangements, two actual and one in plans - 4-8-2, 4-8-4, and 4-8-6. The H class also covered three wheel arrangements - 2-6-6-2, 2-8-8-2, and 2-6-6-6.  The K class covered both 2-8-2s and 2-8-4s
Merry Third Day of Christmas.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

the Bach-man

Dear DG,
It's always a good idea to call the service department before returning a loco. They'll tell you how to go about it and know what's up when your loco arrives.
Happy New Year!
the Bach-man