News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dc controler

Started by popsssss, November 12, 2020, 10:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popsssss

i have a backman dc control that came with alaska set .  im looking to use a dccw/ sound loco .  is this control the pulse one ?  what would i need to do this without having to get all new stuff

rich1998

Welcome.

Bachmann locos have dual mode decoders. They will run with the DC power pack. You will have to turn the pack up higher than normal. The decoder needs five volts to just wake up and about two more volts to begine to move. You will get some sounds.
The pack does not have pulse. That would mess up the decoder.  Dual mode decoders need pure DC to run on DC.
You can buy a EZ Command from ebay pretty cheap. The manual is in the Information page. The DCC manual for the sound locos are also on the Bachmann page. Go look. Digital Command Control Page.

What is your name?

Rich.

rich1998

I am assuming you will get a loco with a Soundtraxx decoder. Below is a link that will tell you how the decoder will work in Analog Mode. If you buy a used loco, someone might have turned off the Analog Mode feature.

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/ez_content/dcc_quick_guide.pdf

Rich

rich1998

Since I have gone this far, if you get an EZ Command, you can run trains and program the loco number but cannot program CV's you see in the SoundTraxx PDF. The EZ Command is an old time starter set. Been around some years. It is ok.

Rich