News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Norman Rockwell Christmas Trolley

Started by bmartinpe, December 17, 2020, 11:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmartinpe

Will the Norman Rockwell Christmas Trolley (battery powered) run on the Village Street Car (transformer powered) set?

rich1998

It should. It is battery powered and the battery is on the car. And plastic wheels.
I have not seen either so this is just guess.
Rich.

bmartinpe

Maybe I should have been more clear. I have a Norman Rockwell trolley set which runs on track power. The track is powered by 4 AA batteries through a USB cable. I presume that the trolley needs no more than 5 volts to operate. Should I try using this trolley on track using a conventional DC power supply?

I should add that a trolley packaged separately does not have enough voltage provided to run on this arrangement.

rich1998

Ok. That is much clearer. Sounds like you could but should connect a DC meter to the track to make sure you use no more than five volts. Plus a stop on the control knob so the knob cannot go any higher. Just be carefull the first time trying it out.
A cheap meter from Harbor Freight is what I have used for some years. I have four of them and they compare very well to an expensive meter. Even a meter from a big box store.
Make sure your power pack is pure DC and does not have pulse power, just to be sure.

Rich