Anyone know where in the world I can get a model of the Orange Blossom Special??

Started by Quentin, March 25, 2021, 01:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quentin

I am looking for an HO scale model of the Orange Blossom Special to add to my 1930's-40's Seaboard line layout, but I am having no luck whatsoever. Specifically, I want the classic Orange body with green and red stripes alongside the loco and cars, which was ran from 1925 - 1953. It seems like no company has made a model of it, and if this is true, may I request that Bachmann create one?
We're...
A...
GREAT BIG ROLLIN RAILROAD, one that EVERYBODY KNOWS

Len

At one point IHC did a set of Seaboard 'Orange Blossom' heavyweight passenger cars. They show up on the auction sights now and they, generally going in the $30 range. They're not bad if you change the couplers and trucks. Some custom painted Oriental Ltd. brass E6A's occasionally show up on sites speciallizing in used brass locos. Anywhere from $300 - $500 depending on condition. Bev-Bel did an Athearn 'blue box' F7A in OBS colors, but this is wrong, because during the period your looking at the OBS was pulled by 'E' units, not 'F's.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Quentin

Thanks for the info, Len. I really wish one of these companies (more specifically Bachmann or Athearn {or even Walthers!}) would make a Orange Blossom Special set in the classic livery. I think the picture I attached will work... if it doesn't, it shows the original train in the classic livery. The loco that I am looking for is an E4. 

It looks like the images will not load. it should work if you click here: https://www.american-rails.com/images/78087170586807082130925.jpg

I have found a shell for the e4 locomotive, just no frame. And I don't have the needed experience to transfer a body from another loco to that shell.

Thanks for all the help,
Quentin

We're...
A...

Len

If you put the url for the pic you referernce between [i m g] [/i m g] tags, without the spaces, the pic will show up here. Like this:

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Quentin

We're...
A...