DCC wire harness connector

Started by On30-guy, April 04, 2023, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

On30-guy

I'm trying to get back into the hobby after 55 years away. In a "how did I let that happen" moment, I let my On30 steam loco, 2-6-0, Model: 29301, w/DCC and Sound Ready, run off the table and hit the floor.

The fall ripped the wires that go from the dcc board in the tender, out of the small white connector that fits into the loco.

It's not practical to try and solder to that loco connector.

I've scoured this site and can't find any part that will help.

Does anyone know where I can get a lead assembly or the "name" of the white connector that goes into the loco so I can try to find one with leads elsewhere?

Thank you SO much for any assistance.

Terry Toenges

This is what you need. I had the same problem. When you figure out which wire goes where, please let me know. I tried to replace my connector and must have gotten the wiring wrong because I smoked the PCB board in the tender. I'm trying to find a DCC tender chassis for my Mogul now.
Connector 6 plugs large ( HO Universal ) (CONNIE-10548)
https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_91&products_id=11194
Feel like a Mogul.

On30-guy

Terry, You are brilliant!!!

That appears to be exactly what I need.

I don't know how I overlooked it

Blessings to you!

David

On30-guy

Terry,

I'm moving and my loco is in storage so give me a couple of days to get it back out and then I think I can tell you the wire order as I didn't tear all of my wires and there is a bit of color left on the wires that did tear.

I'll keep you posted when I can.

David

Terry Toenges

My wires coming out the tender were all black. The new harness wires are all black. It's listed in the HO section is probably why you missed it.
Feel like a Mogul.

On30-guy

Terry,

I got my loco out of storage today and the Model: CONNIE-10548 connector arrived today.

In the larger picture on the website it is shown as a 6 plug/6wire connector. And that's what it says on my invoice.

HOWEVER :(, the connector I received in an unmarked bag is an 8 plug, 8 wire connector which of course won't fit into my loco.

I have emailed parts to see how they can help me.

I'll let you know when I get some sort of resolution.

David

Terry Toenges

That's a bummer. They obviously sent you the wrong one.
Feel like a Mogul.