News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO Climax Replacement Steel Gears-NWSL

Started by Logger Mike, September 26, 2023, 09:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logger Mike

After 10+ years bein gout of the Hobby, I'm starting back in.  I have 2 3-truck and 2 2-truck climaxes, and I'm looking for the replacements Bevel Gears for them.  Looking at the Bachmann site, it "appears" that neither the replacement trucks with the metal gears nor the metal gears themselves are available.  Searching NWSL site for their replacements are yielding any fruit either.    I have managed to get the  Replacement Gears for my Bachmann Shays.  So the questions I'm asking now I'm asking now are:  1.  Anyone have a source to secure the Climax gears, or;  2.  Does anyone know if the Shay Replacement Bevel gears are the Same as the Climax Bevel Gears?...of which there still seems to be some floating out in Ebay Space.

Regards,

Mike Maloney
Logger Mike

VTBob

The NWSL Shay gears are here: https://nwsl.com/products/bevel-gear-ho-bachman-2-truck-shay-81907-80-ton-3-truck-upgrade-bevel-gear-6

As for the Climax gearing, it's impossible to find all the gears needed, unless Bachmann creates more. I'm still waiting to find the drive shaft gear with the shanks. I bought my 2 & 3 truck Climax units some 10yrs ago, they moved approx 10inches & had broken gearing. Makes me wish I had bought brass instead, because I now still have 2 very expensive and broken models, with no repair in sight.

Rob
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont