Bachman's "Now hiring" post

Started by Terry Toenges, November 06, 2023, 03:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

Boy! I sure wish I was younger. The media coordinator job would be right up my alley. Maybe I should say right up my spur :) A media person for a model train company. Wow! :)
I have BA in media communications with emphasis in public communications. Too bad this wasn't around in 1990 when I graduated.
Now, I'm too old and too infirm to even think about it.
Feel like a Mogul.

Ken Huck

Ask them if they' allow you to work from home.
You never know until you ask.

;) Ken

Terry Toenges

I couldn't do it now. I have too many health issues.
Feel like a Mogul.

trainman203

Terry. You think you're too old?  I graduated 20 years before you.

🫨😵😱😂

Terry Toenges

I wonder if the Bach Man and they are looking for his replacement.
Feel like a Mogul.

the Bach-man

Terry Toenges

I'm happy to hear that Bach-Man. I got to wondering. :)
Feel like a Mogul.

Ralph S

No-one is too old for a job.  I maybe just recently retired, but it's not health issues that you need to worry about.  Its having to do all the traveling that may be involved.  Not to mention having to move closer to the Bachmann office so the new boss can keep an eye on you.   ;D

Terry Toenges

No offense to anyone but I have no desire to live in Philly or anywhere near the East or West Coast. :)
Feel like a Mogul.

trainman203

I don't feel any desire to
Work!

😂😂😂😂😂

Terry Toenges

Last month I was in the hospital for two weeks with double pneumonia and a bacterial infection in my stomach. It was second time this year I was in there for pneumonia. My health just isn't up for a move.
Feel like a Mogul.

Ralph S

Okay... you are scaring me.  Pneumonia twice?  I always wondered if steam locomotive engineers  traveling in/on some Steam locomotive with the wind blowing in their face catch pneumonia more frequently than a Diesel locomotive engineer.   
So on that note, if you have a steam locomotive on your model layout, switch it to a diesel so you will stop scaring me by getting sick again... winter is coming so stay warm, and please take care of yourself by staying off those open window steam locos, even if it is on your model train layout.  With the diesel locomotive you can move about without catching the wind in your face...and that includes the model layout.
My prayers are with you to stay healthy.  :)

Terry Toenges

I had it back in February also. With me being on oxygen 24/7, my lungs aren't in very good shape.
Feel like a Mogul.