News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Special track peices

Started by NS1202, January 05, 2008, 02:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NS1202

Will Bachmann ever make track peices like turn tables, a verity of turns, straits, and switch tracks?

Terry Toenges

Yep. They do. Except for the turntable.
Feel like a Mogul.

SteamGene

I haven't seen Bachmann's model of a narrow water passage linking two large bodies of water. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

prebres

sour rails

That is one thing I'd like to see from Bachmann, a turntable.  But a problem arises that would need a solution before it would even be considered.  How many track connections should come off the turntable?  Roundhouses vary from 3-6, and some people model even more stalls.  The other thing would be, of course, leaving the engine house.  How many tracks should leave the turntable away from the shed, and in which direction?
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

SteamGene

Sour Rails, if you look at either real existing round houses, or at pictures of ones, you will find that 20-30 stalls were frequent.  IIRC, the East Broadtop roundhouse still has six or seven stalls.  Modelers need selective compression for the most part. 
Approach and departure tracks depend on many variables.  Often one may get by with one.  I'm going to have two - one eastbound, one westbound.  The eastbound track also has the coaling and sanding towers, but both will have a standpipe to replenish water. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

BIG BEAR

I wouldn't mind seeing an EZ Track - bridge, sold with some wooden
type risers. Along with any turntable.

Enjoy,   Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

sour rails

SteamGene,

I was not trying to be realistic, just proving the difficulty of its production with E-Z track.   Anyway, thanks for that info, I did not know it.
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

grumpy

You don't need special pieces for EZ track . you can easily use the bridges and other structures that are commonly used. They are quite easily adaptable. In most cases you don't even have to cut anything.
Don