News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Command Plus I/O Port

Started by RedMt Dave, January 12, 2024, 03:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedMt Dave

I'm a new owner of the Bachmann Digital Commander (00501) train set and I am trying to find information on the purpose/use of the I/O Port on the E-Z Command Plus DCC Controller. My plan is to build my own benchwork and expand the track layout using DCC turnouts. Also looking for information on compatible sound cards since the supplied train engines only have lights.
Based on my limited experience with this product it seems that the Bachmann Trains website is very short on detailed information.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ralph S

Great product the Digital Commander (I have two of them) model 00501.  As for the controller "E-Z Command Digital Command Control System" (model no. 44901) (backside shown below middle image in light grey).  It is believed that the two other models 44932 and Command Plus 44933 are similar.

As for that I/O port you mentioned, it is made for only three Bachmann items. 
1) the Bachmann walk-around controller (44907) (see below backside top image made in dark grey)
Unfortunately, Bachmann discontinued this fantastic dummy controller.  Why it was discontinued, is open for debate.   I blame Bachmann's sales analysis which I believe was miscalculated by a large margin.

2) the Bachmann walk-around connector panel (44908) (front face shown below bottom image)

3) the Bachmann smart interface (44928) (not shown, cancelled production as far as I know)
 I have an image of its advertisement, if interested.

Moving on, the locomotives that came with your set, does not have sound.  I love mine without the sound, so far.   Yes, you can install decoders that will have sound, but this is where you will need to be electrically and mechanically inclined since it will take some soldering, modifying for sound (installing a speaker) to accomplish what you are asking for.

Lastly, you are correct, Bachmann doesn't provide the best instructions for some it its products.

Hope this helps.

RedMt Dave

Very helpful Ralph.  Thank you.