News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Nscale Bachmann Turn Out Voltage??

Started by Mich1954, January 06, 2008, 06:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mich1954

My sister bought 4 Bachmann Eazy Track N Scale turnouts off eBay used with "NO INSTRUCTIONS" of any kind ... they look like #44861 & #44862 although I am not positive ... they came with a small GREEN 3 wire lead to attach to the side of the turnout on one end and the top opening on the BLACK "DIRECTION" button switch controller on the other end ... also they have a RED 2 wire lead that plugs into the male opening on the right hand end of the BLACK "DIRECTION" button controller and I assume the other end attached  to the power supply ... but I do not know what voltage or amperage they require ...

1.  Is it AC or DC voltage?
2.  What is the MAX voltage they can handle?
3.  Can all 4 of them be controlled off One Power supply like the one listed below?
4.  Does anyone know where I can download instructions for these switches?

She hooked 2 of them up to the AC output of her TYCO power supply.  Which has Output: 6VA Total, 18V DC, 20V AC ... one of them worked just fine, but the other one "SMOKED" at the BLACK control box ...

Then she called me ... I told her to do nothing more until i could find some instructions or input on these switches since I have no previous experience with BACHMANN switches.

Thank You,
Micheal
mich1954@yahoo.com

joe935

I just checked the Voltages at my Bachmann controller. The accessory output measured 16 volts AC. I have 5 direction boxes plugged into each other and connected to the accessory posts and all switches work just fine

Mich1954

Quote from: joe935 on January 06, 2008, 10:17:42 AM
I just checked the Voltages at my Bachmann controller. The accessory output measured 16 volts AC. I have 5 direction boxes plugged into each other and connected to the accessory posts and all switches work just fine

Thanks for the info, I really do appreciate your help ...

I guess I was not clear on my real question ... Does anyone know if 20V AC is too much for these style switches?  because that is the output voltage (actually 22V AC when measured with my multi-meter) ... Do I need to buy a special power supply with 16V AC Max?