News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z Track

Started by Ed S., March 30, 2024, 05:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S.

I have used E-Z track over the years (all Nickel-Silver, Gray Roadbed) and just noticed a difference on the bottom of varies pieces of 9" straights and 22" curves that I use. My older track has no holes to nail down the track if you so desire and are hard to pull apart and others have the holes and are easier to pull apart. Now some new track that I just bought have the holes and have a black tie showing thru on the bottom on both the top and bottom underneath and are really easy to pull apart (like this part). Probably some useless information but thought I would ask on the forum to see if the track HAS improved over the years and should replace some of the older track, thou all my pieces work fine thou some are hard to pull apart.     

BobZ

Ed S.,
My entire layout is EZ-Track. I have seen the same change. Can't say that it's any better or worse than the older. If the track doesn't have the holes I just drill them as needed. I haven't noticed the problem with taken sections apart. I certainly wouldn't replace the track as it has seen an increase in price.
Bob Z.

jward

As long as the track is in good condition and functioning well there is no need to replace it. Unless the rails get damaged it's hard to wear track out. How hard? My dad laid out a yard in 1978 using Atlas switches with plastic frogs. They stayed in service under heavy traffic until they were replaced in 2020. By that time 42 years and literally hundreds of thousands of wheels passing over them had worn out the plastic frogs. Other switches that were hand built around the same time are still in service and not showing similar wear as they have all metal parts. Like I said, as long as the rails aren't damaged they will hold for many years.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA