News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track Feeder

Started by Sean007, April 10, 2024, 05:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean007

I have a large Oval EZ track. I only have one power connection.
I was wondering if I could somehow daisy chain multiple feeder tracks back to the original power source. I have seen extended wires for sale.
My thought is to add up to 3 feeders. I would link 3 of them together via extension wires. Then I would use one more extension wire to connect back to the power source using opposite side power connections.

Ralph S

The quick answer to your question is: Yes, you can daisy chain feeder tracks back to the original power source.

First Question to actually ask is, Do you really need the extra feeders?  If your EZ track is new, and the track connections are quite tight, then you may not need the extra feeders (This is based on how far the oval section is from the power source).  If you are experiencing locomotive slowing down, lights dimming when at the farthest from the power source, then adding a feeder at that far end is needed. (This also means that the track connection resistance is high). 

So, if extra feeders are needed that is easy to do with the rerailer (model 44502).  You may have to use the straight rerailer (model 44510) just before the curve track if you are using curved EZ track other than the 18-inch curve.

For these connections (simple diagram):

Track                                Track                                 Track
  Power }  ------- | |--------------------------- | |--------------------------- | |---------------------- for
source }   ------- | |--------------------------- | |--------------------------- | |--------------------- additional
                          Rerailer                            Rerailer                             Rerailer                              Feeders

Also ensure that the connectors are the correct polarity, that is, positive to positive and negative to negative.  Understand that the EZ track rerailers have connections on both sides of the track (roadbed) as shown in the simple diagram above.

Hope this helps.