News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E60CF

Started by Conrail Quality, January 17, 2008, 08:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conrail Quality

Mr. Bach-man,

Is there any chance we will ever see another run of the E60CF's? You already have the tooling, and most of the detail parts could be re-used from the E60CP's, as well as the trucks and motor. The frame would be the only thing that would have to be made new. It would be a fraction of the cost of making an all-new model. Plus, your version is was much more accurate than the American GK version, which was based on an order that was never built, and has some obvious differences. Just my two cents...
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

D.Harrison

There was a new DCC onboard release by Bachmann in 2007.  E60CP Amtrak Phase III, #65503 for starters.  Would that fit the bill?

David Harrison

D.Harrison

OOps...I read your first post too fast.  ECP versus ECF.  Sorry

David Harrison

the Bach-man

Dear CR,
I'll pass that along.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

D.Harrison

Coming back to this again...Conrail..there  was no prototype E60CF. Are you asking Bachmann to make a model of something that never existed? There was a single cab version called an E60 and only six were built for an isolated mine to power plant operation in Arizona.  Nothing like a single cab E60 ever operated on any mainline in the US.

Then two of Amtrak's E60s were sold to another isolated mine operation, but these were double ended of course and had unusual pantographs added.

Also there were 41 E60C-2s which were also double ended.  Two went to still a third isolated mine operation while the others went to Mexico and were never used I believe.  They finally moved back into the US a few years ago, prompting theories that they were going somewhere...but I think the "somewhere" was to a scrapper.

Now there was another isolated automated  electric operation in southern Ohio, Muskingum, but they used an E-50, sort of an improved E-44. But of course the E44 family looks nothing like the E60s.

David Harrison

Conrail Quality

Okay, I apologize for my incorrect usage of E60CF. I said CF because that's what Bachmann sold it as (which was wrong, since GE never built any 'CF' version). It was based on the E60C's built for the Black Mesa & Lake Powell, which was, as you said, an isolated mine-power plant railorad. The American GK E60CF version was actually based on a GE plan (E60C-3?) for a Burlington Northern order which never materialized. And then there are the Mexican E60-2's, Amtrak E60CP's, CH's, and MA's... the E60 fun goes on and on!

I've heard rumors that some of those Mexican E60's were being sent to Montreal for use in commuter service on the electrified line there, but I'll believe it when I see it.
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale