News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tender Doghouse

Started by Furrbie, January 19, 2008, 06:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furrbie

Is it possible to purchase just the tender doghouse from the N&W J 4-8-4 locomotive as a seperate item?  If so, how do I do this?

the Bach-man

Dear Furrbie,
I don't believe so, unledd service has a damaged loco from which to take it.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Virginian

You might check with BLI/PCM, or Walthers (Life-Like) as well since they both have also done N&W steamers with doghouses on the tender.  The Old LL ones are the easiest, and get the glass for it too if you can.  (I would not be above fibbing about what it was for, but I would pay for it.)
"What could have happened... did."

Woody Elmore

The Bowser decapod has a dog house tender and the dog house casting is available separately. I have no idea how it compares to those used on the N&W.

SteamGene

In fact, I have a Bowser dog house (isn 't that appropriate!) and I have a vague idea where it is.  But like Woody, I have no idea how close N&W dog houses are to PRR versions.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

r.cprmier

I am headed to Springfield this Saturday, so I will stop by the Greenway table(s) as well as Tucker's Hobbies and see if they have one available; also the Bowser table is usually right next to Greenway's.  If I find one, I will pick it up, and let you know.

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Virginian

At least on the ones I have seen, the PRR versions have a little roof overhang at the top rear, that is supported by the side panels angling back down from the end of the projection to the rear face.  N&W has no projections other than a vestigal overhang all the way around.  I don't know about PRR, but the top of the N&W doghouses was curved at what appeared to be a radius that matched the older tender rear decks.
Details West or somebody who made details also used to have both styles available.
"What could have happened... did."