News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann remote switches

Started by Disher, January 20, 2008, 03:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disher

I am not able to get my remote switches to work.  I hook them up as shown but all I hear when I try to activate the switch is the little motor inside the switch running but the track does not move.  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.  Anyone able to help?

newguy

Hey, with the remote switch you have to press down on the button and then slide it. That should make it work.

New Guy

Paul M.

Make sure you're inserting the wire into the AC outlet and not the DC. The DC is for the train track. The AC is for accesories

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Disher

I'm using the EZ Command DCC controller.  Other than the I/O port, there is only 1 output to the track which I am assuming is DC....I don't see anywhere to attach to AC.  Do I need an AC power supply for the accessory remote switches?

Also, I tried what NewGuy suggested and it didn't work.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

Any other thoughts?

mveleza

I have the DCC as you do and I had the same problem.  I ended up getting a second controller(non DCC) of the old style DC with AC hookup.  I connected my turnouts to the AC output of this second controller for power and the turnouts work great.  Make sure that the power is on the side of the switch and the connector going to the track itself is coming off the top of the switch when you set it up.  I hope that helps.  I'm new at this and I'm having a blast learning.  I hope you are too! ::)

Disher

That makes sense now.  Thank you!  I will give the 2nd controller with AC a try.  It just seems ironic that the EZ Command, being billed as the 'control center', has no provision for powering remote switch control, which seem to be the 2nd most important thing anyone would want to control other than the locomotives.......  I am obviously new to this also ..... thanks for your help mveleza.

Stephen D. Richards

Part of the problem may be your initial connection.  I have the EZ Command and use the Bachmann remote switches as well.  I had problems at first setting up the switches with the turnouts.  Make sure you do not complete the circuit when you run the green wires!  That maynot make much sense, but it will when you get the assembly correct.  Hope that sheds a little light, I'm afraid I may not be making myself very clear.  Stephen

Disher

I did end up buying a $14 power source with AC out and it worked perfectly with my remote switches (turnouts).  Thanks to all for the help!