News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

0-8-0

Started by NWsteam, January 21, 2008, 10:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWsteam

What radius can the proto 0-8-0 handle?  Can she take 18" radius curves?  Thanks for the help.

-Brad

NWsteam

Come on people, some one has to have an 0-8-0 that can help me out.
Please!

Atlantic Central

Yes it can handle 18" radius and it is an excelent runner and puller.

Sheldon

SteamGene

I have three P2K USRA 0-8-0s.  I just don't have 18" radius curves.   :D  However, I'll trust Sheldon's report.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

NWsteam

Thanks and Gene, if weren’t an issue of space, I wouldn’t have 18" radius curves  :D

GN.2-6-8-0

Reminds me of a story..  ;)
Ins. salesman had a rather large office with 8 to ten employee's most were women. Said salesman also loved Lionel trains and put up around the bldg. several hundred feet of track fairly high on the walls so as to enjoy......HIS TRAINS!
Going from room to room was no problem as he just cut holes in the walls and slapped tunnel portals on'em.....this included the restrooms, guessing where i'm goin' with this?
Yep'every time a women either employee or customer'didn't much matter went to the facility ....here came a steamer charging through the bathroom with its whistle just a'wailing.... ;D
Rocky Lives

rogertra

I have one each of the 0-8-0 and the 0-6-0 and both are just excellent.  I can't answer the 18" curves question as my minimum is a 20" curve on one leg of the wye at Atwater's Berger Yard.   I've never run the 0-8-0 around the wye as Berger Yard is the domain of the 0-6-0 but a close coupled Spectrum 2-8-0 and a close coupled Athearn 2-8-2 will both go through the 20" curve, which they do every operating session as they get turned on the wye after they arrive with their respective freight trains.

So, I'm assuming that an 0-8-0 will go round an 18" curve.