News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachman steam engine wiring

Started by glsummers, January 21, 2008, 06:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glsummers

I have been having a lot of trouble with the wires on Bachman steam engines; the ones that attach the engine to the tender. They are so stiff that is sometimes lifts the tender of the tracks. I don't know if putting more weight in the tender or there might be some other secrets. There must be some good tips to fix the problem out there in Model railroad land. I always appreciate the tips from folks. Thanks. Larry (PS. I am working with a K4 right now and it is giving me a fit)

SteamGene

Add weight to the front of the tender.  Wiggle the wires a bit to loosen them.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

GN.2-6-8-0

Have a Spectrum 2-10-0 which besides adding weight to the tender  found gluing a very small piece of styrene across the extreme rear of the frame held the wires up and kept them from dragging on the ties.
Another tip" those wires are extremely fragile and if at all possible its best to leave them connected. In my wanderings around work I found  a handful of new microphone boxs that were being discarded.
HAH! perfect fit for loco and tender....semi-permanently connected....
Caution: the drawbar pins on the new locomotive tenders are plastic.....handle gently ;D
Rocky Lives

richG

I have the Spectrum Richmond 4-4-0 that gave me the same trouble. I wiggled the wires and pushed a little extra up though the access hole in the tender so the tender was not lifting anymore.

Rich

glsummers

Thanks gentlemen, your suggestions are great. Thanks