News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Even track lengths from #5 Switch

Started by steveeusd, January 25, 2008, 02:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveeusd

Hello Everyone--

I hoping someone can help me.  I want to find the correct combination of short track pieces emanating from a #5 switch that will form two parallel tracks of equal lengths for both the diverging and main track.  I want the shortest length of track possible coming from the switch and do not want to cut any pieces of track.  What pieces have you used or would recommend? 

As for the distance between the parallel tracks, I would like a minimal, but sufficient space to ensure trains on each track will pass safely.  As a benchmark it would be something equivalent to the distance between the parallel tracks in the #6 crossover, which is about 1/2 inch from one roadbed edge to the other OR about 1-5/8" between each inner most rail.   

Thanks,

Steve   

sour rails

Yes, I believe it is possible.  But I can not tell you what pieces to use.

But the major question to you would be, "How far apart do you want the parallel tracks?"
Sometimes, true greatness comes in small packages.  ~Sour Rails

Nickel Plate Road~Resurgence

8) 8) Sour Rails 8) 8) [move]

steveeusd

Sour Rails--

Thanks for the input.  I added your point to my original post.  I thought about it too, but did not think it was very necessary.  Well, I was wrong.  Again, thanks for your reply.

Steve

PHENICUS

There is a book/mag by ATLAS called "Atlas HO Layouts"; in the back is a great sections that answered a TON of questions I had about track spacing, switching, crossovers, etc... The layouts are OK for some ideas and wiring, but the gem in there is those last 6 pages or so.

Rumor has it that BACHMAN is coming out with a similar book which will specificaly pertain to EZ Track. I have not seen that book out yet but my understanding is that it is eagerly anticipated.

Hope this helps