News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track

Started by DLUCAS, January 25, 2008, 03:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLUCAS

OK guys    Simple Simon here.....1st graders question ...I am not a hard core modeler...but I love trains...period.....I am just starting out and have a question....I have been buying "pieces" for a while...but no track until today..I like the ez track ...it seems to fit my application.....to do a little up front planning I bought one package of 18" radius curves and one package of 22" per notes on the Bachmann online parts information....the 18" inside the 22"...simple 90 degree curve with the two running parallel for a double track layout...after snapping track pieces together and let them lay "in their nature-as is configuration".....they"ain't parallel"...without overstressing to force them parallel. What am I missing here? an advise would be appreciated.   Dan Lucas

tommy4u2

Hi
If I am understanding you correctly You would like the inside loop and the outside loop to be completly even all the way thru out the curve and according to a track planning section in a atlas plan book I have this is accomplished by The outside loop using all 22 inch radius tracks then the inside loop starting at the center of the loop working out by using 2-  22 inch radius then 1- 1/2 18 inch radius then a full 18 inch radius then repeat on the other half of the radius,

There is a diagram in the Atlas book HO layouts for every space level 2 book 11  you should be able to purchase this book at your local hobby shop  if I didnt explain it clear enough

Tom
My Daddy told me along time ago if you cant say something nice to  someone don't say anything at all

DLUCAS

Thanks Tom,
  From your explanation I understand my problem and  Monday I head to the hobby shop to buy or order the Altas book...I guess the ole saying "if everything else fails ....rear the instruction"
Dan