News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Saturday at West Springfield!!!

Started by r.cprmier, January 26, 2008, 06:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.cprmier

Well, another good Saturday in West Springfield, interrupted only by a cry for help by one of my customers...

As usual, I walked out feeling like I do when I walk out of Foxwoods...Only I don't walk out of Foxwoods with bags of stuff.  Got a lot of parts for this year's modelling, and saw quite a few of the Canadian people I know 9from past events) there.  AND...I got to see "THE BACH MAN"!!!  He had his usual cold, but that is OK.  Better him than me.   

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

TonyD

so where are you- your table #? I will be there again tommorrow, just barely saw it all in 4 1/2 hours, didn't do any workshops, just touring, easier walking around with the 4th building open, a bit more elbow room huh? See you tommorrow, Tony
don't be a tourist, be a traveler. don't be a forumite, be a modeler

r.cprmier

My table?!!

Nope; Tony, I am just a little old consumer type.   As I mentioned to Scott Mason, who commented on the "baggage" I was carring around there (Bought goods) I go to find two things primarily:  One is/are parts that I have found no where else but at a large show.  The second is that I find the "cottage industries" who are, quite often, involved in producing limited runs of parts that I know I will have much use for; and talking to the owners, getting information on their product line, ordering through the year, etc.  I also try to make a concerted effort of convincing Bob VanGelder of South River Modelworks to produce "Dellabarre Tap and Die" again...

As someone who generally steers clear of "building by numbers" (building kits of buildings by the instruction sheet), and is a scratchbuilder/basher; I find that this is one of the best ways to approach a part of this hobby that really appeals to me.

As a result of all of this, Greenway, Tichey, Bowser, et al have become significant sources of parts, as well as the smaller companies, such as Sodders Enterprises, Micro-scale Models, etc .

Also is the cameraderie that develops over the years between me and the many people I have met from all over North America; whome I try to keep in contact with throughout the year.  It is always great to put a face to a name, and share a common connection to something really great.

RIch
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!