News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Decoder Programming Problem

Started by chuff_n_puff, February 13, 2008, 05:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuff_n_puff

I give up, hope someone has some answers! I have a consist of E6 passengers. The lead unit has the factory sound. The others are straight DCC decoders (no sound) and the problem is the Mar's lights on them. The factory one has the correct slow alternating pattern, but the other add on decoders' flash rates are so fast they just have a fast flicker. I've tried all kinds of values in CV62 and nothing helps to slow them down. The Mar's lights are 3 wire incandescent, not LEDs. The wires are red, white and blue and attached on the R,W and B post on the board. I was informed by an "expert" that you had to run them off the decoder and not the loco's board. These are Digitrax DH123 decoders with FX3 feature, but state you don't use the green and brown wires. I thought the brown wire was the Mar's light wire! On both of these E6s I had to move the yellow wire from post #2 to post #3 on the NRMA plug to get the Mar's light to even work. Can anyone help me to slow the flashing rate down on these to a believable prototypical rate?

Santa Fe buff

I'm not good at this- so double check me- but you might need to get a different lighting system, the current system might just be programed like that. DOUBLE CHECK ME!
- Joshua Bauer

James Hail

Blue should be lighting common........on the decoder

Go to Digi's www and download their decoder manual (not the dh123 one ) its a large pdf adobe file with 78 pages or so covering the fx lighting ect.
Its titled......... Decoder Manual.pdf and is 561 kb

http://www.digitrax.com/pdfdocs.php

Jim
Currently landscaping and ballasting a 4x10 HO.....using a NCE DCC PowerCab and Having a Blast.[move]