News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Spectrum SD45

Started by sawdown, March 12, 2008, 08:03:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawdown

I have two questions regarding my SD-45. First, how do I reset the decoder to factory defaults?  Second, I bought an MRC deisel sound only decoder to add to this loco, and I'm not sure where to connect it on the circuit board that came installed in my SD-45. Any ideas?

Thanks
Troy

WoundedBear

For most Bachmann decoders....set CV8 to 8

For most Bachmann sound decoders set CV 30 to 2

That should put them back to factory default on all CV's.

Unfortunately, if you use the Bachmann EZ Command, you can't do a reset.....you need a more sophisticated system like Digitrax or MRC or even Bachmann's own Dynamis.

As for the connection of a sound decoder, I think I'll leave that to folks here with more expertise than I have.

Sid

Sid

sawdown

Thanks, but that didn't work.  ??? I can't get it to move, nor can I get the lights to come on. I'm gonna go thru all the CV's and check their settings.

topsir2

To connect the sound decoder you need to find the wheel pick up wires from each side of loco and soldier each in the 2 wires on the sound decoder. The instructions that comes with sound decoder is clear. But I don't think you will have enough room for the speaker. I put one of these MRC sound decoders in P2K E/7 I put the decoder in the engine but had to put the speaker in the next car (Baggage Car). There was no room for the speaker in the loco. You can try a smaller N gage speaker but you won't have good sound.