model railroading described as a " chick magnet "

Started by ta152h0, March 16, 2008, 12:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ta152h0

There was a recent posting titled as such in the not too distant past. Well, here is one instance of proof  ;D ;D

http://www.bachmannindustries.com/press_080114e.pdf

Dr EMD

Like Carmen Webster of Model Railroad Equipment Company New York City and Bobbye Hall of Bobbye Hall Hobby House of Dallas, Texas both were big names in the model railroad field. They just happen to be female too!
Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

john tricarico

carmen webster

mr emd your giving your age away
i had a job interview with her around 1969 just
before i got out of high school
never got the job 
but her store was really great on
west 45th street
i kept my after school job at a news stand in
grand central

john t  brooklyn ny

r.cprmier

I am the one who originated that "chick magnet" business!  Let me tell you, Bro; don't kid yourself-it works!

Women see a guy with a layout, they see a guy who is stable, well grounded, creative, industrious, a self-starter.  They also see an emotional level that is somewhat higher than the average couch pototo, which means they can connect with you.  Yessssss!!!

Beats hell out of hanging around in bars, singles dances, and coming out smelling like an ashtray.  Considering all the booze you don't buy because you are "creating", one hand washes the other as far as cost goes...

Brother Richard 
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Redtail67

now you tell me at age 60...lol what am I going to do with a "chick"

r.cprmier

Hey Red tail;
Stop whining!  If you got it, use it!!!  Oh, by the way;  I am talking about class, style, and charm.  Choo-choos aren't going to do it if you are a dud or a dullard!

I have learned a classic approach:  Cook dinner.  They (women) love men to cook for them.  THEN.....Take them to the train room.  Beats hell out of etchings.  They get to run trains, and actually feel like they have discovered a unique man-and we are!  The rest is eeeeeeeeeeasy.

RIch
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

jsmvmd

Dear  Rich,

Any pictures of coupling/uncoupling would be appreciated!

Best Wishes!

Jack

john tricarico

ok guys  ill come clean

i used nodel railroading as a chick magnet

i told the ladies

iam a big boy ,  im articulated, and i love to highball
iam more powerful than a locomotive, i allways come on time

spent many evenings reading the bachmann catalog

just joking guys                john t  brooklyn ny

long live the GG1