News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Turnout control switches

Started by PHENICUS, March 21, 2008, 11:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHENICUS

Does Bachmann sell the EZ Track turnout control switches individualy? I did a bit of searching and couldnt find anything.

Some of my EZ Track turnouts came with the nice switch version (on the packaging I think they label as a "B" type control switch) which is just a throw one way or the other. The "B" version has a circuit board inside of it. Others turnouts came with the "A" type switch, which you have to select a side / direction, and then momentarily push down on the switch.

For reasons of symetry and ease of use I want to use all "B" type switches to control my turnouts.

Any suggestions where to find the switches individualy (w/o having to purchase the whole turnout) would be greatly apreciated.

Yampa Bob

Pots
Not sure what you mean by "Throw one way or the other".  You can't just use a double throw switch to activate turnouts.  Constant voltage to the solenoid will burn it out prematurely, so there has to be a momentary feature of the switch.

You can buy a toggle switch that has momentary on both sides, with a middle neutral or off position.  Maybe the "B" type you mentioned is spring loaded with the middle off feature, I am not familiar with it.  Some modelers use the Atlas switches, but you have to use spade connectors to attach them.

I have never seen the EZ switches available separately,  guess they figure "one turnout, one switch".   You might try calling their service department for advice.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

PHENICUS

Thanks Yampa Bob.

Yes the "B" type uses circuitry to give the voltage a momentary feature, whereas the "A" type uses the pressing in on the switch momentarily to give the voltage.

I am looking to replace my few "A" types with all "B" types.

I will call the service department on monday.