News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

kids and trains

Started by ta152h0, April 05, 2008, 06:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ta152h0

just had my grandson's friends over and Ii ran my 2-10-2 with sound. Should have heard the oooooooohs and ahhhhhhs..they dropped their Power ranger game the secong I hit the "run"  button.. Mrs Ta152h0 is out shopping so I am using her dinner table ( shhhh don't tell her )  ;D

Woody Elmore

Leave the trains on the table - to heck with dinner.

ta152h0

I really like the Bachmann EZ track for that is exactly what it is

Yampa Bob

I agree with Woody, and the wife won't mind at all.  Just be prepared to take her out to dinner, works every time.

We have a great arrangement in our house,  I take her out to dinner twice a week, and cook dinner at least once a week, and she doesn't ask me to do dishes.  And when I cook, boy do I make a mess.  :D 

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

r.cprmier

The quickest way I know of to get anyplace with a woman is to cook dinner for her.  If you can read, you can cook good.  Oh, by the way:  the "mess" can wait til morning...
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Atlantic Central

Well,

I can't cook, at least not past grilled cheese or eggs and pancakes, and sometimes my wife wishes I could, but, we have a saying in our house -

"Our favorite thing to make for dinner is reservations!"

We eat out 3-4 nights a week, eat the leftovers we bring home for lunch or dinner the next day and she cooks about 3 times a week.

The rest of the time I am on my own and thats just fine.

As for kids, they are a grown and gone - thank goodness!

The grandchildren love the trains - even without sound!

Sheldon

ta152h0

love to have a pushbutton steam whistle sound for my pickup truck and blast it at stop lights, and clang the bells as I move thru the intersection......there must be a kid still in me  ;D

kevin2083

I was looking into getting a K5LA for my car. ;D Couldn't figure out where to mount it though...plus the cost
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||

SteamGene

Now that's what I need - a nice loud steam whistle sound istead of a horn.  Imagine the effect when you hit  two shorts and ring the bell as you back out of a parking spot! 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Atlantic Central on April 06, 2008, 11:52:23 AM
I can't cook, at least not past grilled cheese or eggs and pancakes, and sometimes my wife wishes I could, but, we have a saying in our house -

"Our favorite thing to make for dinner is reservations!"

My dad always said, A man will never go hungry as long as he knows how to fry an egg. ...  ;)

jsmvmd

Dear Rich,

I once heard of a man who invited a lady to dinner and informed her that they would have to go dutch. To which she replied, "OK, Buster. I'll to to dinner and you go to Holland!"

In the rural communities of Pennsylvania the nooning meal is called dinner and the evening meal is called supper.  Dinner was a term used by the city folk.  Thus was told of a young secretary who called her Mother to say she would not be coming home for supper as the boss was taking her out to dinner.

Best Wishes,

Jack

SteamGene

Dinner for lunch and supper for the evening meal is common throughout the South, as well.  When I was in military school in Virginia our meals were BRC, DRC, and SRC for breakfast, dinner, and supper roll call.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Conrail Quality

Quote from: SteamGene on April 07, 2008, 02:46:40 PM
Dinner for lunch and supper for the evening meal is common throughout the South, as well.  When I was in military school in Virginia our meals were BRC, DRC, and SRC for breakfast, dinner, and supper roll call.
Gene

It's things like this that remind me that Northern Virginia is basically a different state from the rest of Virginia. I've never heard anyone use the word 'supper' in conversation, and indeed I totally forgot it even existed until I read this thread.

On a related note, I've heard 'supper' is (or was) used pretty widely in Ireland (but not in Britain, of course).

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

jsmvmd

Dear Tim,

Since this thread has be co-opted, here goes. Living in Altoona, PA we are very familiar with the merger of Conrail and NS.  Does Conrail Quality equate with NS quality?    :D

Best Wishes,

Jack

Conrail Quality

Well Jack, to answer that question, one must look back, back to an age of myth and legend. An age where the great GG-1 still held rule over the northeast, and an age where the legendary race of steam had just been vanquished...

Or just look back to 1976. Conrail inherited a pitiful system, where the dark lords of bad maintance and poor mangement had left the lands in chaos. But by 1999, Conrail was a strong, healthy railroad, a far cry from the dark years of before. There is no better railroad to be called 'Quality' than Conrail. Thus, for NS to claim it is 'quality' would be a defilement of the scraed memeory of Conrail, an offense to nature in the highest degree! And though the age of Conrail has passed, it will live on in our hearts and in our minds.

Timothy
Disclaimer- Most of the above content was adapted from various mediocre video games and cartoons, and remains copyright of their respective owners ;).

Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale