News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

restoring factory cv defaults

Started by thud, May 09, 2008, 10:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thud

I have a DCC equipped GP30 (60811). Was running fine on club layout & then just quit running! Tried re-programing with no luck. Won't move & no lights. Using a DC power pack it will run forward, but not reverse!! Would like to try resetting the CV's to factory default but am unsure of the correct procedure. Does anyone have any suggestions before I ship it back to customer service?

Jim Banner

Try setting CV1 to 3 and CV29 to 6.  This should set the address back to 03.  What command control system are you trying to program it with?  What mode are you trying to program it in?
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Hunt

To reset all the CVs on a Bachmann decoder to their factory default value, program a value of 8 to CV8.

r.cprmier

Hunt;
What about for NCE and Tsunami?
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Hunt

Quote from: r.cprmier on May 09, 2008, 03:17:37 PM
Hunt;
What about for NCE and Tsunami?
Don’t assume --- Always follow the procedure in the decoder’s manual or guide to reset CVs to their factory default values for the decoder version you have installed.

For a SoundTraxx Tsunami decoder
Program CV 30 to 2, or CV 8 to 8, using either Service Mode or Operations Mode
However, there are more steps in the procedure. Read all of the reset procedure on page 15 of the Tsunami Steam Sound Users Guide Rev.B 1/13/06 http://www.soundtraxx.com/documents/manuals/tsunamisteam_users_guide.pdf

NCE for example, a NCE D15SR Version 3.5 decoder
Program CV 30 to 2
Download the manual for the decoder you have installed. The CVs factory default values reset procedure is on or near the last page (In the CV listing, lookup CV30). Select from http://www.ncedcc.com/

r.cprmier

Thanks Hunt.  I will download and file that information.

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!