News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Logging out/in

Started by eric, June 29, 2008, 02:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eric

With the log in set for always log in, when I try to mark messages as read, I get the following error message "Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again." When I try to log out, I get the same error message, repeatedly. It appears there is no way to break this cycle. I've tried shutting down the browser and closing the page, but it is always the same.

1. How can I change my log in back to sign in each time, which seems to make the site work normally?

or

2. Is there some way to stop getting this error message?

Thank you

Eric Root

richG

I never tried what you are doing. I just clear All private data, cookies, passwords, off line data. In other words, no trace left of my internet use that would easy for a hacker to find.

Rich

RAM

I do not have any trouble if I log on and off every time.  A nother thing you can do is hit reply and then hit preview.  That lets you do what ever you want to do with out deleting cookies.

Santa Fe buff

Quote from: RAM on June 29, 2008, 03:32:21 PM
I do not have any trouble if I log on and off every time.  A nother thing you can do is hit reply and then hit preview.  That lets you do what ever you want to do with out deleting cookies.
RAM also left very good information on  this topic in the topic, "Mark as read..." But for a better sum. Do what he already gave you, and log in and out everytime you visit the site, and never check, keep me logged in.
- Joshua Bauer

rogertra

Nice advice but they should fix the problem(s) so the site works correctly.

All the advice given out is just a workaround to fix poor programming.

These problems don't shine favourably on Bachmann.