News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

backmann plus

Started by acemanjay, July 03, 2008, 07:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acemanjay

hi i just got my hands on a bachmann plus niagara 4-8-4 w/smoke Item# 31305 and i was wondering if anybody know more about this engine as it did not come with any papers i dont know how old it is or anything all i know is that i ned to get it fixed

Hunt

The Bachmann Plus line out of production replaced and upgraded by Spectrum.

Return locomotive to the place you bought it for a refund or sell the locomotive and purchase a current production locomotive.

Or

Replace the mechanism with a Bowers#355 HO Scale Bowser Mechanism for Bachmann Niagara http://www.bowser-trains.com/hoemrrs/mechanisms/355.htm

Pacific Northern

FYI the current Niagara is not a Spectrum engine. It is a standard engine that has DCC installed.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewProd&productId=1562

Pacific Northern

acemanjay

cant i just sent it to backmann and get it fixed ot replaced

Guilford Guy

Only if you bought it brand new from a hobby shop, and there were warranty papers.
Alex

Pacific Northern

Quote from: acemanjay on July 04, 2008, 03:40:58 PM
cant i just sent it to backmann and get it fixed ot replaced

The warranty is for the original owner only.

If you bought the engine used you are out of luck.

If you are the original owner check the Service Department tab for information and costs.
Pacific Northern

acemanjay

so if im not the original owner they wont fix there own trains even if i am paying ?

Santa Fe buff

I would look for a  new one, somewhere, or just buy a new one from a different manufacter. Like if you got a Oldsmoblie, it would go to GM, since Olds dosen't make cars. So try the service department, it should be under 'Order Parts' and above 'Newsletter Signup' on the bar to the right with the red background.
- Joshua Bauer

Guilford Guy

Quote from: acemanjay on July 04, 2008, 04:27:15 PM
so if im not the original owner they wont fix there own trains even if i am paying ?
How are you paying for them to fix it? You mail it to them and they fix it, only if you are the original owner.
Alex

SteamGene

Follow Hunt's advice.  The Plus line is kaput, thank goodness.  Remotor with a Bowser kit or set it on your mantle. 
Lots of companies warrant for original owner only.  OTOH, they may well fix or replace if you pay for it.  Call Customer Service on Monday and ask.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"