News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 sound upgrade

Started by Frisco, August 28, 2008, 06:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco

Is there a company that makes a upgraded sound system for the train-set version of the 4-6-0.

Jon D. Miller

Yes, there are three that come to mind.  Phoenix, Sierra, and Dallee. Take your pick.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Steve Stockham

Yes, Phoenix, Soundtraxx's Sierra Dallee, QSI etc.... These are aftermarket high end digital systems that are as or even more expensive than the set but they bring a whole new dimension to a Bachmann locomotive! They are digital sound recordings with "all the bells and whistles" (literally!) They can be triggered by changes in track power or by external triggers (such as magnets) and they are an excellent addition when combined with battery power and r/c!
  Another way is to go DCC. I'm not a DCC guy so I'll let others chime in here.

Frisco

Thanks, which one do you think is the best compared to its price?

calenelson

Quote from: Frisco on August 28, 2008, 07:33:50 PM
Thanks, which one do you think is the best compared to its price?

That depends on how you plan to operate the locomotive and sound.  I'm a battery RCS guy, I chose the Sierra Soundtraxx card for my Annie.  Small Scale Sound is a nice less expensive choice...Phoenix offers more "bells and whistles"...

http://www.smallscalerailway.com/  click on sound samples then the Huckleberry 4-6-0..it's really close to the Tweetsie Whistle according to my ears!

there are even online directions posted for a Ten Wheeler Tender Install at the above link!

cale

Frisco