new ez track 35 and 33 radius track

Started by JJPLACE, September 13, 2008, 10:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJPLACE

how many box of track to do i need to get  for the 33 and 35 for each   full circle of track 
lets all have nice day a play with our train

Santa Fe buff

Well, it depends on the length of the track. I see some turns only about a 1" long for 18radii, and some that are full sized. I pretty sure you mean the full sized one like this:
http://www.internettrains.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IT&Product_Code=BAC-44507&Featured=CLE&Category_Code=

No it's not a hot-link.
- Joshua Bauer

Yampa Bob

JJ
For the two radii you mention, each piece makes a curve or arc that subtends an angle of 18 degrees.  For a full circle:  360 degrees divided by 18 degrees = 20 pieces.

How can two different radii have the same angle?  The answer is: The 35.5" is longer and therefore makes a longer arc.

For table size required:  The radius is measured to the centerline of the track, and EZ Track is about 2" wide.  So for 35.5" the formula is 35.5 X 2 (gives you the diameter)= 71" plus 2" (1" for each side) = 73".   For a 1" clearance to edge of table on each side would require a table width of 75".  (6' 3")

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

pdlethbridge

Yampa Bob

Paul

You're so funny.  Read it again, I just added some more information.  :D

(I was anticipating JJ's next question )

Be thankful, I could have expressed the arc as .31415 of a Radian, which happens to be .1 pi so it takes 10 pieces to make a half circle.  I just put my helmet on so you may now throw rocks at me if you wish.

pdlethbridge

Stop it!!!!!!Why do you keep throwing me a curve? :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mike

JJ- Bob is correct (of course!!). 20 pieces to make a full circle. Both of these are sold by Bachmann in a bubble pack/card of 5 pieces. So you need to purchase 4 "boxes" or packs for a complete circle. Happy railroading!- Mike

JJPLACE

lets all have nice day a play with our train

Yampa Bob

Welcome

OUCH!  Dangit, Paul, I said you could throw rocks, not boulders.  >:(  I'm glad you went back to your old signature line, it makes more sense. (I think)..Any what?  Nourishment, sympathy?  Never mind.  :D