News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC E-Z Command Center

Started by trainman11, September 28, 2008, 11:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainman11

I have a serious prob;em, with my Bachmann E-Z Command center. It's about 8 months old. This problem just started> When i turned on my 3 trains. They sit still for about 1-1 1/2 minutes, then they start to run down the track. Then if i try to speed up or slow down the trains, they run at same speed. If I try to stop the trains by turning the knob to off, they don't stop. the only way I can stop them is if I push the emergency button. I cannot seem to get this problem fixed. Any ideas about this problem.  Thank you for any help.

Trainman 11

Jim Banner

What happens when you run the locomotives individually?  You might want to try each one by itself with the others off the tracks.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

steve turner

Sounds like runaway train syndrome ,common in DCC. Do a complete reset on your command to factory default , reprograme the locos individually and try one at a time.Runaway can also caused by a short! Check each loco that they are in fact programed and running correctly, also look for metal object or strand of wire on track or switches. Reset also decoders to factory default settings. If you were not running three locos before at once , ensure you have not exceeded the amp rating required to run three locos at once! Good luck Steve

Running Bear

Are you trying to run all three trains at once? Sounds like you may be overloading the system. I can run ten locos on my EZ-Command but I have a 5 amp booster between the controller and the tracks.
Running Bear