News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

GTPS2's model railway

Started by GTPS2, September 30, 2008, 09:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTPS2

In 2009, I'm going to be building a big HO layout for my model series in 2010. Here a drawing I made to see how it whould look like.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Scaroferic/TTHOME/model_railway_2011.png

Cheeky_ULP

Er.

Wow. Good luck?

How big is this in feet, do you even have an idea? It seems rather strange. I hate that "Death Buster Lab Tower" thing too. The Skarloey Railway sheds are unreal too. Do you even know a thing about the show?

GTPS2

Quote from: Sparks on September 30, 2008, 10:42:39 PM

Er.

Wow. Good luck?

How big is this in feet, do you even have an idea? It seems rather strange. I hate that "Death Buster Lab Tower" thing too. The Skarloey Railway sheds are unreal too. Do you even know a thing about the show?

Which show? You mean the Thomas series? If so, then I do know a thing about it. The layout will have Mix Thomas engines from Bachmann and Hornby. And Trackmaster will be use for The Skarloey railway.

Guilford Guy

Yeah, uh... if something derails how do you plan to rerail it...
Alex

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Um, why does Edward's branch connect to the quarry that's supposed to be at the end of Thomas' branch? And where's Duck's branch?
*sigh* Here's a link to some maps that show what the track is supposed to look like, and which the TV series used to follow(more or less).
http://www.pegnsean.net/~railwayseries/mapsection.htm
It's kinda wrong about the Big Station. In the old days it was never named on T.V. :D

Megatron359

Megatron359 Of youtube and Maybe a starter of the maybe series Called (True Stories on Sodor)

Guilford Guy

I find this plan improbable... You need dimensions, realisticly numbered turnouts, and cut out all the filler space and replace it with aisle space...
Alex

GTPS2

Quote from: Guilford Guy on October 01, 2008, 03:51:28 PM
I find this plan improbable... You need dimensions, realisticly numbered turnouts, and cut out all the filler space and replace it with aisle space...

Filler space? You mean the blue parts? If so, then that was meant to be water.

Guilford Guy

Pretty much everything not within 2 ft of any track
Alex

GTPS2

Quote from: Guilford Guy on October 01, 2008, 05:23:46 PM
Pretty much everything not within 2 ft of any track

What do you mean everything?

Guilford Guy

Remove anything that isnt within 2 ft of the roadbed
Alex

StanierJack

Quote from: Guilford Guy on October 01, 2008, 03:51:28 PM

I'd also say that you need to cut much of this layout up onto 2x8 boards.

I also doubt you know how much such a layout would cost?

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Maybe he's rich. I'd sure like to build the entire island(in RWS form), and when I'm older and have the cash and space I will.

StanierJack

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on October 02, 2008, 11:50:50 AM
Maybe he's rich. I'd sure like to build the entire island(in RWS form), and when I'm older and have the cash and space I will.

Even so, this layout would be large.

Here is a hint:

Some of the most succesful things in life are the smallest