News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N Scale Spectrum Doodlebug

Started by tomgschilling, October 14, 2008, 06:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomgschilling

I just became the proud owner of a Doodlebug but, much to my chagrin, one side of the rear truck is missing the plastic piece that covers the wheels.  Guess what, without that piece the wheels tend to fall out.  Does anyone know where I might get a cover or an entire truck for this thing.  I haven't called Bachmann yet.  Thanks.                                   ...Tom

PRRThomas11

There is a parts thing to the left there but I don't think they have what you need. Your best bet is to call them and most likely, the will have you send it to them and they will probably replace it.
Also, I didn't know Bachmann made doodlebugs, cool!
PRRThomas11- "The Standard Railfan of the World" 

harryo

I have one custom painted in the SOO LINE ;D ;D

UP_Modeler

Dude,

The model you need a part for is made by Bachmann.  You posted a message on the Bachmann board asking for this part and yet you say you haven't tried Bachmann.  I'm sorry but this doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

If you needed a part for a Honda would you go to the Nissan dealer?  HELLO! If you need part for your Bachmann model then try Bachmann. DUH! :P

Mike :)

Cascade Northern

Mike, calm down!!!

He was asking if we know where ELSE to get the part.  As in a hobby dealer....

taz-of-boyds

Anyone consider casting the side frame in resin by molding one of the other side frames?
Charles

UP_Modeler

Quote from: Snoq. Pass RR on October 20, 2008, 10:57:51 PM
Mike, calm down!!!

He was asking if we know where ELSE to get the part.  As in a hobby dealer....

OK, fair enough. I jumped the gun there.  Sorry about that. ;D When looking for parts these days I feel it always makes sense to try the manufacturer first.  I don't know many dealers who stock parts anymore unless the model has a specific issue, then the better dealers will keep a few on hand so that customers don't have to wait to get their model back in service.

I don't think casting the part in resin is a good idea.  Resin has it's own set of issues.  If Bachmann can't supply the part it would probably be best to find a 'junker' on flea-bay or maybe at a show somewhere.

I don't remember if Bachmann had different colored trucks on those or not.  I seem to remember the UP version having dark gray trucks but I could be wrong.  It's been a while since I had one of those Doodlebug models.

Mike :)

Cascade Northern

Mike, sorry I just wasn't in that good of a mood at the time.

About casting, I wish I could help you there.  I am just starting to cast parts, but that is for G-Scale.  Is there by chance a photo of the part you are looking for?

swdw

Try Caboose Hobbies. They've come up with spare parts that amazed me.