News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann PCC streetcar

Started by PCC streetcar, November 04, 2008, 03:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCC streetcar

Hello, i'm new here, and i have a question regarding, how to convert a Bachmann PCC trolley from DC to DCC? Is it possible?

Thanks

Frisco

Unless you are really set on this model try getting the Spectrum DCC version.

DUCKY01

It's not as hard to convert as you may think! Bachmann's new Peter Witt
trolley is already DCC equipped, and the same decoder can be used to convert the PCC. If you are new to DCC, I suggest you pick up a copy of the Red Book of DCC, available at most Hobby Shops. Second, you will need
to modify the wiring of the motor to the decoder. Orange and gray wires
go to the motor, red and black wires go to the truck pick-ups. Next, remove the stock 12volt headlight bulb and replace it with 2-3 volt bulb, or LED with a dropping resistor to limit the current to the LED. If you plan on using overhead wire pick-up , as I do, you will need to pick-up an operational rooftop pole, such as Bowser's #1250. All of my trolley's operate from track power or overhead. I use a peice of brass wire thru the roof of the trolley as the pole hold-down. This is wired to the outer rail truck pick-up.The pick-up pole is then wired to the red or black wire to the decoder) With the pole up, the trolley picks up power from the overhead wire. With the pole down, the trolley operates normally via track power.