News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Christmas layouts

Started by Terry Toenges, November 15, 2008, 11:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

I didn't want to hijack the 4-4-0 thread.
You can see more of my Christmas layouts here.
http://www.sarget.com/xmasdex.html
I don't know what I did with the 2005 layout pics.
Now, it's still the same as the 2006 layout. I just leave it up all year because kids enjoy it all year long.
I have the pencil forest on the corner and, when people bring their kids come over, I tell them they can take a pencil from it.
In the middle of summer, it's kind of relaxing to shut the drapes, turn off the house lights, and run the trains. Makes me forget it's hot outside.
These are from '04 -

---------------------------------------------
These are from '06 -

Feel like a Mogul.

Yampa Bob

Hi Terry,

Thanks for posting the pictures. I think the holiday season is great for kids, well, us older "kids" enjoy it also.  :D

I ordered the Bachmann Yuletide Special for my Great Grandson in Kansas.  It was shipped late Monday and arrived in Topeka this morning, that's fast service.

My son wrote and said the train detail is very nice.

Anyway, they have some ceramic buildings and are setting up a small scene for the holidays.  I advised my son (also a forum member) about this thread for some ideas. 

Have you considered a small layout of "Whoville" from the Grinch movie? I watch that movie every year.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Jhanecker2

Great Movie . The Grinch is a role Jim Carrey was born to play. J2. Also Like to run the Polar Express and the  Santa Clause series of movies during the Year, Imaginative Visuals.  J2

ajp3751

I watch A Christmas Story every chrsitmas and love the opening scene of the Lionel trains in the window of the department store. Although those are the only trains in the movie besides the faint background whistle, I enjoy the movie and can almost recite it i have watched it so many times.

Santa Fe buff

Ah, you too? I can't even think it's Christmas without A Christmas Story, also, I love the Polar Express! At our local library, I entered this contest, Grand Prize was a new Polar Express poster, surprisingly, I won it! This was a bit while ago when the movie first came out. My mom hopes to frame and post it in my room when we're done.
- Joshua Bauer

Johnson Bar Jeff

Terry, I love your use of lights on the layout.  :)