News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N scale EZ Track

Started by kurt, November 19, 2008, 07:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurt

Is there any possibility that Bachmann will make N scale EZ Track in a 9 3/4" radius? It would work beautifully with the 11 1/4" radius for those of us working in restricted space and running smaller equipment.

I note that a few other manufacturers do make track in that radius. Please give us some help here.

Jess

the Bach-man

Dear Kurt,
As far as I know, there are no plans to make 9 3/4" radius, but I'll pass along your request.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

pamardon

any locomotive is compatible with any radius?

jayl1

Quote from: pamardon on December 01, 2008, 11:12:24 AM
any locomotive is compatible with any radius?

Not necessarily.  Longer engines may have problems going around the shorter radius - such as long steamers.

taz-of-boyds

Even though the larger locomotives are built to contort themselves around a tight radius, they look really awkward hanging out all over the place.  Not the most dignified presentation for great locomotives.
Charles

skipgear

I would be happy to have any new radius added to the N EZ track system. It is impossible to build much more than an oval with sidings with the system. The HO EZ track system has enough pieces to create a large smooth flowing layout but the N EZ track has been stagnant since it's release. The only thing added has been a wye that is horribly over priced and longer straight strack pieces. At least a radius to nestle with the 11" so that you could build a double track layout. There is a nice crossover that you can't use because there is no matching radius to go with the 11".
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950