News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Baby Grand Piano Christmas

Started by NewYorkCentralgirl, December 03, 2008, 05:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewYorkCentralgirl

Every year i set up my 20 year old lionel PRR 4-4-2 engine, and matching Broadway Limited cars around the tree.  We have porcelain houses that are put on top of the baby grand we have in our living roon.  This year i am setting up an HO layout around the houses. 
There are quite a bit of buildings and one large station.  We use a snow "blanket".  The track i am going to use is bachmann extrack so that the snow is away from the track and doesnt get into any points.
I have a 2-6-2 prairie and a variety of short cars, plus a dummy big boy that i am going to set up, the big boy is a kit and therefore track radius is not a problem. 
I was curious to see if anyone had any good track plans or if a circle would be best.  Also is there any tips for the snow as to keep it out of the tracks?
(Any radius that a small 2-6-2 prairie and 40ft boxcars can handle is fine)

Hunt

NewYorkCentralgirl

thanks for your advice i normally consult the website you listed
but if anyone has any other advice it would be greatly appreciated

Joe Satnik

Dear NewYorkCentralgirl, 

Can you tell us the dimensions of the running surface on your baby grand ?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

bevernie

GREETINGS!! You do realize that this is posted in the "HO" FORUM, and not the "N", don't you?? LOL!!
                                                                                 THANX!!
                                               8)                                 Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com