News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Goodbye On30 Hello Williams and O scale

Started by darryl1936, December 30, 2008, 05:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darryl1936

Decided to use some of the old lionel stuff and have purchased a nifty Williams set.  So I made a decision to drop On30 as I like the size better...

Looks like I'll be busy loading up eBay with all of the Bachmann On30 stuff I aquired but never ran..

Also will move over to the Williams site when everything is gone.

Cheers   ;D

Mike_AA9ZY

Sorry to hear that. I couldn't decide which I liked better, so I'm doing both.

If you can get a copy of OGR magazine (Run 231) you will see a layout that has both 3-rail and On30.

darryl1936

Mike    I hated to say it but I have tooooo many trains and have been thinning out or completely getting out of live steam, g gauge and now On30.   I just liked everything to much. At least selling out pays for more things I like better in O scale especially the operating stuff.  I really like the three rail , easier to run loops - wyes and that makes for much more phun....
Cheers, T O F

lvrr325

Funny, I just started selling off my Flyer S-gauge to put the money into more On30 stuff, scratchbuilding a couple of passenger cars, and decided to redo my HO layout (which was basically benchwork with some track) as an On30 layout.  I even came up with a new what-if premise for it. 

What I may do is make some of the scenery ambiguous enough I can still run the HO trains, too.

darryl1936

Well, I've been up and down the scales. When I was a youngster I had some HO. I visited a Lionel group then too. Many years later I tried N gauge and then back to HO. Then back to N gauge and then HO-HOn3.
Along the way I got into Goofy gauge and live steam. Finally figured out that its time to quit changing gauges but not till I jumped into O scale and I'm here to stay. Been selling the On30 that I accumulated over the years and buying O scale stuff. Oh ya, still have a bunch of G gauge track that will have to go to one of the local train swap meets as shipping 800 ft might cost an arm & leg.  Last change,   maybe?  NO I've made my mind up, this is it for sure.
Cheers, T O F

reddobiefan

I'll be looking for it on E-bay, just leave us your name that you will use.

darryl1936

It's darryl1936       When I reach $349  there is a Williams Western Pacific F3 A-A unit I'd like to have.
Of course the list is getting bigger but I've got time.  Cheers  T O F

jestor

It's interesting that i recently dismantled my O Gauge layout and am in the process of rebuilding in ON-30. Using basically the same roadbed path as the old  o-54 curves, i now have 26" radius curves for the ON-30 layout. And most of the O scale structures are reuseable so the only real expense was the track,since i already had a fair number of Bachmann ON-30 items.  Good luck with your venture into O scale.  :)

darryl1936

Jestor

I really like the operating accessories like the ice house, coal loader, log loader etc.  Also I am into lots of lighting things like tower lights, signals etc. I can turn off the over head lights and see all of the small lights doing their thing. 

So what ever turns your crank is what counts.

Cheers into On30 adventure.

T O F