Two trains on a DCC power pack and speed controller, #6 crossover length?

Started by RacerBob, January 09, 2009, 12:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerBob

I have a Bachman kit #01122 (Frontiersman- Western Md  2-8-0) that I plan to upgrade to DCC.  It came with a 56" by 38" EZ track oval.

If I buy the Bachman kit #01307 (that comes with DCC) and tie it's included 63" by 45" EZ Track oval to the above oval using two #6 Remote Crossovers, here are my questions:

1.  Will the power pack and speed controller that comes with the #01307 kit provide enough power to drive two trains?  If not, which power booster is needed?

2.  Regarding your EZ Track #6 Remote Crossover,
     a.  How long is it?
     b.  What is the rail to rail dimension (road center-line to adjacent
          road center-line) of the parallel roads?

3. What part number should I order to obtain a kit to upgrade the locomotive in the #01122 kit to DCC?

4.  What is the recommended method of securing EZ Track down to an extruded foam or plywood base?  Glue?  Nails?

Thank you for your help!

Hunt

Here answers to part of what you ask. Sorry,  I don't have time for your other questions.

HO #6 Remote Crossover Turnout -- 2-3/8" between centerlines, 21-1/4" long
Out of the box it is wired for DCC power on tracks (can be used with DC if modified), AC power used for installed remote controlled turnout machine.

HO Decoder equipped E-Z Command #6 Crossover Turnout controlled by DCC signal on rails and a capable DCC command station.

grumpy

Because there is a space between the EZtrack sections and the base I use nails. The areas you should be particularly concerned about are the curves and the turnouts. The turnouts should be fastened down solidly. The straight sections do not require much in the way of fasteneing to the bed.
Don

RacerBob

Hunt and grumpy
Thank you for your responses.  They are very helpful!
     Bob