News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bridge ideas for EZ Track

Started by Terry Toenges, February 02, 2009, 12:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

Here are a few pics of bridges I made with EZ Track, balsa wood, and plastic sides.
I know they wouldn't make them like this in real life.

Feel like a Mogul.

Jhanecker2

Nice bridges , your right about material choices of prototype bridges. Iron ,steel and concrete are definitly more typical but your choice of form looks pretty good . Planning to use plastic , wood and metals when building bridges of my own.    Currently busy building shelving and cabinets instead , got a new toy recently  a 10" Delta tablesaw .    John 2

grumpy

Watch your fingers . Always use the guards . I speak frrom experience.
Don :'(

Jhanecker2

Thanks . I am &will be careful .  I have to be careful , I usually work alone & doing stupid things could definitely get me killed.  I happen to be a suspenders & belt person .  I have been metal worker & welder so I know the it is true what my welding shop teacher told the class long ago :" Be careful the machinery is stupid , it doesn't know not to kill you if you do something stupid."

Casy jHOnes

Those are awesome and I will need a bunch of 18"R curved ones. I was thinking of ways to cut in half lengthwise the $5 Atlas plate girder bridges. I am trying for absolute min. "headroom" like 2-3/4". Would you mind describing how you built those a little? Does the balsa wood support it or is there some styrene glued in? Thanks!

pdlethbridge

Grumpy, do your friends call you 4 finger?

grumpy

No . But it keeps me out of a lot of trouble because I can't give anybody a left finger.
Don  ;)

BIG BEAR

Hi Don,
   We'll just call you Stumpy instead of Grumpy.

Enjoy,
                 Barry

Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Terry Toenges

Casy - I'll try get some more info up in a few days about how I did the bridges.
Feel like a Mogul.

Woody Elmore

Some of those girder bridges with curved track look like things I've seen on the NYCTA. There are prototypes for everything.

Be sure to give your engineers slow orders - I don't see any guardrails.

Nice work!