Thomas engines & cars on 15" radius track

Started by Stooz, February 21, 2009, 10:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stooz

I'd appreciate knowing which of the Thomas engines and cars will and will not run on 15" radius track without derailing.  Thanks.

alex wittman

well, the only engine i know of is percy and some 4 axle trucks, not the brakevan, but i don't know anything else

Michigan Railfan

I agree with Alex. Obviously the big engines like Henry and Gordon won't be able to. Percy definetly, Thomas maybe, possibly Toby, and like Alex said, some 4 axle trucks. All the other engines, probably not.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Do any of you have 15" radius track? I do. And the Express coaches can handle it. Gordon and Henry seemed to roll along it fine, but I'm not totally sure. Edward can manage. Thomas, well, the Hornby one could do it,so the Bachmann one should have no problems. That's all I can say for sure.

Michigan Railfan

Are you sure you're not talking about 18" radius curves Zelda? I seen that the recommended minimum radius for the express coaches is 22". Obviously that's for appearance, and it can run on 18". I don't think they can run on 15", but I don't have any, so I probably would'nt know.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Trust me, I meant 15". My main layout curves are 18" radius. The coaches probably wouldn't take the 15" curves at high speed. Doesn't matter to me, though, I got the 15" ones to make an internal carriage siding.

Cheeky_ULP

ripley manor

I use some old tri-ang 12.5 ich radius track for my home layout. James and Gordon with their coaches have no problem. Been running them for over two years. Tough as the Williams we have at work.