News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Tidmouth Sheds

Started by James The Red Engine, March 11, 2009, 03:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James The Red Engine

Dear the Bach-man
I recently found out from walthers.com that you are releasing the Tidmouth Sheds this year.  I'm thinking of purchasing one for my upcoming layout.  I had a few questions I was wondering if you could answer for me on it.

1. I noticed that the real Tidmouth Sheds is able to have the engines sitting in front of it even with the shed doors closed.  Will this be possible with the Bachmann version of the shed?
2. I'm not sure how long the real shed is, but I was wondering if it could hold a 14" locomotive. If so, will the doors be able to close?
3. Will the turntable of the sheds be large enough to hold Spencer?
4. Will the roundhouse come preassembled or will it have to be assembled as a kit?
5. Will the roundhouse have lights?
6. According the Walthers site, the turntable is a manual.  Can it be motorized?
7. Will the roundhouse use E-Z Track?
8. In the beginning of Thomas & Friends the roundhouse was 6 stall.  Will it be that or a 7 stall?
9. How big will the roundhouse be in size?
10. When do you think it will be released?

If you can get me this info that would be great, but don't stress yourself.  Good luck with the production of this awesome roundhouse! 8)

Guilford Guy

1. No, too much additional space required.
4. I'd assume it would be pre-assembled.
5. No.
6. Yes, but you'd have to figure out how to do it yourself.
7. I'd expect so.
8. Probably will only be three stall. Six is A LOT, and takes A LOT of space.
9. He doesn't know until its produced
10. Whenever they get around to finishing it.
Alex

the Bach-man

Dear James,
I'll see what specs I can come up with.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

alex wittman

dear bachmann,

no pressure, it's your project make it as you like it. i am trying to help get pressure off your shoulders. just trying to help.

Alex Dylan Wittman

Santa Fe buff

I'm interesting to see what it turns out to become. GG's theory is likely correct, it's likely a 3-stall roundhouse. Now, I'm throwing this out, but it would be nice if there were add-ons for us with large layouts. Personally, whenever some one asks if I'd like to get a turntable/roundhouse, I'd say, "The one I'm looking for to properly stow my locomotives will be half my layout!" So, yeah, it's only for those who likely have some space to use. Although, I now tricks to make a 3 stall round house mounted in a wall corner look like a 6 or 7 stall round house... It's a neat trick.

Good luck Bachmann, I'll keep one eye on the photo gallery. :)

Joshua
- Joshua Bauer

derricknscaler

James The Red Engine

Thanks Mr. the Bach-man.  Can't wait to see the model. ;)

donaldengine9

I'm really hoping that Bachmann is using the Vollmer Roundhouse as the base of Tidmouth Sheds to give it that real TV Series look.

TIMBO729

i wish i whould of knew of this befor i bought the atles truntable and roundhouse. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: donaldengine9 on March 21, 2009, 01:21:39 AM
I'm really hoping that Bachmann is using the Vollmer Roundhouse as the base of Tidmouth Sheds to give it that real TV Series look.
Don't think they'd be able to.

Guilford Guy

Hm, let me think, oh right? Vollmer is an entirely separate company from Kader, and Kader would face lawsuits like Sanda Kan, if they were to use another companies  toolings to make a profit. That sounds like a great idea, right?
Alex

Anthony P2

sound great!!!!! lets hope they use it as a model.  ;D  **ya right**

donaldengine9

Quote from: Guilford Guy on March 21, 2009, 07:36:57 PM
Hm, let me think, oh right? Vollmer is an entirely separate company from Kader, and Kader would face lawsuits like Sanda Kan, if they were to use another companies  toolings to make a profit. That sounds like a great idea, right?

Well, what would you suggest they use as a base to make it look more like Tidmouth Sheds then an American Roundhouse?

James The Red Engine

I'm sure Bachmann will please us well.  ;)

Guilford Guy

Quote from: donaldengine9 on March 22, 2009, 08:14:17 PM
Quote from: Guilford Guy on March 21, 2009, 07:36:57 PM

Well, what would you suggest they use as a base to make it look more like Tidmouth Sheds then an American Roundhouse?

What do you think they'll do? Its going to be an entirely new tooling.
Alex