News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann number one!

Started by jwoj69, April 25, 2009, 01:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwoj69

There have been great upgrades in n scale engines. Atlas made 2-6-0 Mogul, 2truck Shay, and number of diesels including big SD80. After Walthers both Lifeike, they revised whole diesel line. Proto now has metal, not plastic chassis.

I thing this is noting compare to Bachmann! Spectrum diesels like SD45, Dash 8 and Dash 8W, H16 and HHP 8 are super good looking, very well perform engines. Unique pc board DCC decoder ports are the list expensive way to convert engines form DC to DCC. My Spectrum diesels cost me about $16 to convert. Atlas dedicated decoders are at least $26 and up. Walthers proto line has only MRC drop in decoders. They cost about $80 each!!! Spectrum involves soldering, which makes little more difficult, but thanks to very easy instruction online, it is sometimes easier than some drop in decoders.
And then, there is a Spectrum Steam line, J 4-8-4, 2-6-6-2, 4-8-2 and 280. Moast beautiful and best performing steam line in n scale. You would have to go to very expensive Marklin line, to match variety Bachmann created for us.
Reliable, rich in detail, great performing and affordable. None of other manufacturers can claim it!
No one has better line!
I had mention Atlas and Walthers(Life-Like) for reason. In the past Atlas was the best looking and performing in it's class, put for a premium cost. Life-like looked better and worked better than Bachmann, for a little more money.
Now Bachmann Spectrum line can run against them and win! And it's is still for less money than them!!!
Actually, 2 of them together can't claim as many good steam engines as Bachmann alone. I run my spectrum engines with Atlas, Kato, Walthers, Fleishmann and You can't tell them apart, unless it is something positive!
In last few months i both it mostly Bachmann engines. Why? No one has J4-8-4 or HHP8, at least two of them deserve world class recognition. To me, whole Spectrum line is spectacular!
Thank You Bachmann! Your new or revised engines are true enjoyment to me and my children.
jack