News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

should have asked a long time ago

Started by ta152h0, June 13, 2009, 12:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ta152h0

Is it possible for the manufacturers of model steam engines to build a box where the foam dividers are cut in a way we cah store the locomotives and tenders together after assenbly and attaching the wires ?

hotrainlover

That is a great idea.   I have cut and shimmed MOST for my original packaging, just fro that reason.  maybe there is a source.....   HMMMMM

RAM

Or you put couplers on a car and then it will not fit in the box.

Pacific Northern

Quote from: ta152h0 on June 13, 2009, 12:29:25 PM
Is it possible for the manufacturers of model steam engines to build a box where the foam dividers are cut in a way we cah store the locomotives and tenders together after assenbly and attaching the wires ?

The Spectrum 2-8-2 is packaged in a box in such a way as the engine and tender can be kept connected. If Bachmann can do that for one engine they should be able to do it for all.

However, that engine was in the foam lined box and the new Spectrum packaging is now vacuum formed plastic instead of foam.
Pacific Northern

CNE Runner

How about building a Roundhouse 40' old time milk car only to find that it will no longer fit the box because of the couplers? No, the car will not fit in the box on the diagonal either. I have at least 5 of these...apparently Roundhouse used the same packaging for both the 36' and 40' cars.

Ray
"Keeping my hand on the throttle...and my eyes on the rail"

uncbob

My staging area is a cabinet I built with lined drawers that sits under the table

The engines with  tenders connected stay in the drawers when not in use

The other drawers hold my rolling stock that is not in use

I rotate engines and stock according to my daily whims

My power supplies and switch box sits on top and I pull it out when I run the trains