News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Forney smoke box support

Started by slack, June 17, 2009, 08:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slack

Hello I purchased a used forney off of ebay for a porter conversion (which went very well) anyway when I opened the box I noticed the engine was missing the left smokebox/pilot support. I thought no big deal it was used, and it was missing in the picture on ebay. So I noticed that in the bachmann ad the same engine is missing the support. I have looked a several ad's and the outside frame undec forney is missing the support. Is the supposed to be like that or is it a production mistake? I not mad or anything just curious?

the Bach-man

Dear Slack,
The Forneys should have two supports. I suspect your missing support is coincidence.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

railtwister

It's not a coincidence Mr. Bach-man, I have purchased four of the On30 Forneys, and only one of them had both supports in the box. Also, the photos on the Walthers website show some Forneys missing supports, too. The worst thing is that I wrote a letter to the Bachmann parts department, which they re-mailed back to me with a hand written notation that those parts (though listed with a part number in the instruction sheet) are NOT available. While I am not happy about this lack of support by your company, I did like the Forneys so well that I didn't want to return them for exchange over such a simple missing part. I still would like to get the missing supports, if you can have any influence in this situation...

Regards,
Bill Nielsen
Oakland Park, FL USA
Florida On30 Renegades

jestor

Micro Mark's site photos show both supports in place, so they are obviously supposed to be there. It would not be difficult to make one out of wire(using the existing one as a pattern) to fit the other side.

slack

I was just going to make the support out of wire it doesn't look to hard to do also if you look at the bachmann website catalog the undec outside frame forney is missing the left support.  ::)