News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis PRO

Started by john Max, August 11, 2009, 05:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john Max

//
How can I expand the length of the connections between the base station and the IR receiver, the 3m supplied is not long enough I require 6m min.
John

the Bach-man

Dear John,
No 6m connection is in production; I'll ask if the cable can be spliced.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

john Max

What are the details of the connectors on the cable ends

Doesn't the Bach Man know what make and type the extention cables and plugs are?
Any answer on splicing the cable?
John

john Max

Quote from: the Bach-man on August 11, 2009, 10:09:26 PM
Dear John,
No 6m connection is in production; I'll ask if the cable can be spliced.
Thanks!
the Bach-man
Has the Bachmann missed a folllow up to this posting!

Joe Satnik

Dear John,

Put up a close-up picture of the cable ends, with a ruler (or other well known object, like a dime or quarter) to compare size.   

Perhaps someone will be able to ID them.

Dear All,

Does anyone else have a Dynamis PRO cable, and is skilled at posting photos?

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

the Bach-man

Dear John,
I haven't gotten an answer yet. When I do, I'll post.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

the Bach-man

Dear John,
I was told that there are no extenders available, and that splicing is your only option.
It was also suggested that you contact ESU to see if they have an extender.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

john Max

Contacted ESA they are no help
John

Joe Satnik

Will someone please post a picture of the cable and its ends?

Does the cable come with 36508 or 36509?

Does it plug into the top of the box?  8 pin green base connector, perhaps? 

http://www.peachcreekshops.com/wrapper.php?src=bachmannphotos/36508.jpg

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

spoorweg

Hi John,

I attempted to contact you directly rather then sending this posting a little of track, but no matter what it seemed the "verification letters" wouldn't work.   Nevertheless...

I asked the question about the nature of the PC interface on this forum in another post, hoping for a direct answer from the Bach-man, but so far no luck. Since you're the first person on here I have seen who physically has a pro box... I thought I would ask:   What type of PC interface is included in the pro box? Is it USB? EcosLink (which is not a PC interface at all)?  Documented?  There is no documentation on the website, the European version of the Pro box does not have an interface... and before I jump for one, I'd like to learn more about this interface.

None of the few hobby shops around me have one yet. And, today I was at a train show and no vendors there had them yet either.  Any info you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Regards,
John.

john Max

Hi, I have the Euro version of this which doesn't have a PC interphase, I suspect the USA version will be the same.

spoorweg

Thanks John. Interesting... Bachmann has been advertising it here as having one... both on the product listing on their online catalog and in the Model Railroader and Model Railroad News full page ads.  That's not to say it is a "mistake" between the marketing dept and the actual product specs.  However, I speculate it is one of the reasons it was delayed so long in coming on the market in the US.

Then, only a month ago ESU the company that designed the Dynamis system for Bachmann announced at the Hartford Train Show their new "Navigator" infrared wireless DCC set for about $250 and supposedly includes all the equivalent features of the Dynamis Pro (programming track, CV values, PC interface, etc.) and one handset.  There's no timeframe given and you can't order it yet, but looking at the pictures it is identical to the Dynamis Pro except the box is white instead of dark grey. 

I can only HOPE the US version has one! or my base system is going on eBay.

OkieRick

The "official" site for Dynamis DCC is http://dynamisdcc.com/

Okie

Invacare 2-2-2 TDX5 Tilt Recline & Elevate - 24v - ALS Head Control
God Bless Jimmie Rogers the Singing Brakeman

spoorweg

Yes, I looked there, but it is really focused on the European version and not updated for the North American market (i.e. the prices in British pounds, links take you to the UK Bachmann website, etc.)

If the North American version only has EcosLink, then advertising that as "PC Interface" is more than misleading, because by itself, Ecoslink is not a PC interface, it is bus/device interface... for which nobody has created a means in the open source / JMRI world yet to connect to your computer that I am aware of.

john Max

Hi Bachmann,
can you confirm that the Dynamis Pro box has a PC interface. Or are there different versions of this unit. ???

Is there no answer possible on this subject, the adds in mags. and on the Bachmann web sites state that it has one, but comments in the press and on web sites say it hasn't, very confusing.